new design


Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another Day Closer!!!

Another day closer to having my own classroom!!!! The countdown has begun and  I am getting more and more excited with each passing day.  I am gonna love teaching....going to work is going to mean something to me once again.  Today I got a list of all the different training sessions that I will be needing to attend.  I must say....there sure are a lot but I am certainly thankful for each and every one of them.  Until I was hired I felt so prepared....not so much right now.  Is that normal???  

I have been working diligently to get things ready for my classroom and I think that it is all coming together very nicely. During my student teaching experience I was paired with the most amazing 4th grade teacher.  I learned so much from her and gained an awesome friend at the same time.  One of the things that she did that I thought was so cool was to have the students complete a scrapbook that spanned their entire 4th grade year.  This scrapbook was an excellent way to add some fun to the students otherwise boring writing lessons.  Some of the students took their time on these scrapbooks and left their 4th grade class with an honest to goodness treasure.  I am planning on using this same idea in my class this year and  I am going to kick it off on the first day of school. I will leave this post with a picture of my daughter modeling the frame that I plan to have them hold so that I can take their pictures. On to the next project.....Mystery Person container.







No comments:

Post a Comment